Sunday, 8 May 2016

Architectural Drawings: Hot Dog Style

I got these awesome detail drawings from my Stepfather.
Given that I am a designer, he knew I would flip for these blueprints of non-traditional items.


There were two; a hot dog and a hamburger.



I mean, come on. These are so delightfully silly, and detailed.


These are crazy-awesome; of course, I am putting them up.


I framed them up, and switched up my gallery wall in the kitchen.


I needed to fill some space, so I threw some items together - an abstraction pattern exercise, plus a frame, did nicely. (I always liked the first watercolour).


I added some spring flowers, because... just because.


I love the new addition to my walls. I adore the interesting cast of the fading light today.

4 comments:

  1. I love these! I bought a book for my dad that was similar - architectural drawings of cocktails. He's an architect too and who doesn't love a cocktail (or hotdog or hamburger, for that matter).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cocktails! That is brilliant. I feel like some days I do nothing but millwork drawings (elevations, sections, details) and this kind of gave me a fresh perspective on what started to feel like mundane work. Next time I am starting a drawing package, I will try to have as much passion for the millwork as I do for the floor plans.

      Delete
  2. Oh Pat. These are amazing! I had a quick Google online just there for architectural drawing of kids toys for the nursery, but it didn't amount to much. I then had a most excellent of ideas to ask my dad (an architect) if he would draw something for us.

    I feel like a total leech. I'm always nabbing ideas from you! :P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not nabbing ideas, it is gleaning inspiration! I think drawing kids toys is an absolutely steller idea. I never would have thought of it!

      Delete

Check us out on Pinterest too!