Sunday 23 March 2014

Christmas Fun: The Annual Card 2012

We just received another 10 cm dump of snow, so I feel justified in doing some more Christmas catch up.

Today, we talk about our annual Christmas card!

We started thinking about our annual Christmas card after we were married, but didn't actually put one out until Christmas 2012.

I am not sure what caused us to be so daring, but the idea was in my head, and there was little I could do to stop it. Also, as usual, our friends Jeff and Helen of HeLENS Photography were more than willing to help us out with this little project, no matter how bizarre.

You can check them out here: http://www.helensphotography.ca/PhotoShoots/Friends

Anyway...


...We invited them over to our house and gave them the basic concept. We were hoping to get all three of us in the photo, but Grey was less willing to stay put, or to catch the light the same way our extremely pale faces did, or keep his Santa hat on.


They say never work with kids or animals...


Naturally, once everything was set up, we took off our clothes.
No seriously.
We were going for a funny/quirky Christmas card, and I think we managed to get somewhat there.

Luckily our neighbours already think we are nuts, so when one of them popped by to say hello, and we answered the door in bathrobes with a camera crew with full light set up in our front room, they didn't really bat an eye.

Ha!

Long story short - it ended up looking like this:


Front.


Back.

We made it easier for Jeff and Helen to light us by taking Grey-dog out of the situation, and having him separate. We then made the photos black and white, added a few bloopers, some strategically placed text, and the Christmas card was finished.

I took a deep breath and mailed them to all of our friends and family.

It was a bit nuts, but I am glad we did it.
Also, we had a lot more people request to be on our mailing list for the next year.
Ha!!

I will post the 2013 card next week!


4 comments:

  1. Oh my god these are amazing Pat.
    You guys have balls.
    Big balls.
    Well placed balls.
    I seriously cannot get over how awesome this is.
    Robert and I are going to have to start a tradition like this!
    Can't wait to see 2013's.

    xx A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!!
    Yes, well placed indeed.
    The most uncomfortable photo shoot of my life. Every time someone had to adjust the lighting, they came off centre of the room - where you could see everything. Soooo awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm officially requesting a Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Email me your address. I have no idea what will happen for next year's card, but it could be good with the new addition.

      Delete

Check us out on Pinterest and Instagram too!