Sunday 27 October 2013

Mini Project: Left Over Paint

I found this magazine table ages ago, and have yet to do anything with it.


I enjoyed the diamond pattern that make up the top and shelf, so I knew I would eventually paint it.


Having more than half a can of paint left over from my mini project, I thought I would give it a try.
As you can see, the top of this table is worn, and can certainly use it.



I painted the top and sides...


...Flipped it over to paint the bottom and the legs...


The paint job came out pretty nice.


I needed a way for the metal of the legs not to scratch our bamboo floors.


I found these Rubbermaid end caps for shelving...


...they were the perfect size for the little legs on my table.


I added a recently found knick-knack.


And I added a few books:
The Borough Market Book - a memento from my couple of years living in London and working in Borough Market
Ottawa Canada - a photographic exploration of the Capital
and
In Search of a Soul - an account by the architect Raymond Moriyama of the designing of the Canadian War Museum


It seemed to fit well in our front room, which already has notes of orange and blue-grey combinations.


This photo also give a glimpse at my most recent lamp find.


As always it is never really a finished photo without a wee Scottie.


This message is Grey-dog approved.

2 comments:

  1. Such an amazing colour. BOLD choice. I wasn't so sure at first, but I really love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I was like "blue ... ?" but once I saw it in your living room, yes. It works so well with the old window in your dining room and the poster. And props for painting the underside of it - so many people don't and it really shows when something is thoroughly painted. Not to mention this red, black and white footstool. I needs it. Hard.

    Oh I see what you did there. "... orange and Grey-blue combinations". And can't wait to see MOAR LAMP.

    ReplyDelete

Check us out on Pinterest and Instagram too!