Friday 11 October 2013

Holiday Decor: All Hallows Eve

I have finally had a moment to do a little more blog-worthy things since I started at my new position.

FINALLY!

Anyway, with the onset of October I felt the need to decorate a little.


This is what our front deck looked like at the beginning of the summer before my flowers bloomed, so it serves as a good before photo.


 It all started with some vinyl bat cutouts that we found at the new-to-Canada, Target.
Score!


I assembled them in an 'S' shape from smallest to largest, and I kinda like the outcome.


Then I decided to find a use for some of the Mason jars that have been collecting in the cupboard.


Because I am both cheap and lazy these days, I just wrapped the tops in twine to spruce them up a bit.


Add a few pumpkins, and a couple of autumnal mums, and it started to come together.


All I needed to complete the look was some tea lights!



I finally found a use for my awesome garden table from back in this post.


 Pretty!!


This was a super easy, fun project that just makes our front entrance that much more inviting.


This message is Grey-dog approved.

6 comments:

  1. Pat, your front porch is amaze-balls. I love how simple and rustic it is with the twine-Mason-jar-tea-lights, pumpkins and autumny flowers are. Oh, and obv. the Batman front door. Adore. Your thrifted table fits in perfectly. I like how the paint is still kinda chippy.

    I so wish we were neighbours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally wish we were neighbours too!
      Thanks for the support as usual, Alex. Loving your blog, big-time.

      Delete
    2. What a coincidence... I am wearing an ugly cardigan, RIGHT NOW!

      Delete
  2. LOVE the bats, Pat. Sweet! And love that you used that little table up front. Makes the porch homey.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DDT!
      I am liking it more and more.
      Target has something, afterall!

      Delete

Check us out on Pinterest and Instagram too!