Friday 14 June 2013

Junking: By Proxy

I had to work today.
Did that stop me from junking? Hells no!
Never underestimate the power of a smart phone!


I got a text just after lunch from Melting Plastic with a photo of this 1960s coffee table.


Of course I was all over it. She was kind enough to pay for it for me and have them put my name on it for pick up. Amaze-balls!


I went over to reimburse her and pick up my receipt - but neither one of us was really ready to end it right there. We went back to VV boutique to pick up the table, Melting Plastic got some more picture frames, and she showed me this vintage lamp shade. Awesome-sauce! I am Hella happy with the warm orange glow that comes off it when the light is on.


Afterwards, I ogled MP's gorgeous garden, and apparently looked longingly over her chives for a little too long, because she dug some up and gave them to me!! No more mosquitoes in our back yard!


Then I got home, and my neighbour put out a cute solid wood dresser!


Could this day get any better??
Wait, both my husband and my nephew are here to carry it home?
NO WAY!


Turns out it is a Kroehler - a Chicago company, that had manufacturing here in Ontario. Go ahead and Google images of Kroehler dressers. Although mine is not, you will see lots of MCM gorgeousness. More research to be done!

3 comments:

  1. So jealous of the aligning of the stars with your recent junking. Are you planning on updating that stellar dresser? If you do, very intrigued to see what you do with it.

    p.s. Chives repel mosquitoes? Mind = blown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of stars aligning; your bar cart is amaze-balls. It practically looks brand new!

    ReplyDelete

Check us out on Pinterest and Instagram too!