Saturday 29 September 2012

Garage Sale Finds

Today we went to our local garage sales, and managed to find a few really cool and fun pieces.


The first item I found was this box full of DIY books. They range from Basic Home Repairs, to Basic Wiring Techniques, to (my favorite) Furniture Repair & Refinishing. Can't go wrong for only $3 for the entire box.




Next we got these amazing line-drawings/watercolours by Ben Babelowsky. All 4 for $10! They feature really beautiful ships in local Canadian backdrops such as Kingston, Quebec City, Toronto and the St. Lawrence River. Not sure where I will put them yet, but that will be another post.

I should also note that I almost bought a wicked-awesome painting of clowns, but my it turns out that my husband is super freaked out by clowns. BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Seriously though, it was a great painting.


Finally, we found this cool lamp. It is vintage (1950s) abacuses from the Lotus Flower Brand that someone DIY'd into this unique lighting fixture. Another $10, nice...


As you can see, it needs to be re-attached to its base and given a basic overall cleaning. Also, I am not a fan of the shade, so that will have to be replaced as well... but again, that will be another post.

The one thing that totally frustrated me was a credenza that someone stole out from under me. It would have been a very close cousin to the credenza from a few posts back called "Cabinet Craze". The main difference was that it had a bank of drawers up one side with 2 sliding doors, instead of the large sliding doors that mine has. SOOO angry!! Okay, calming down....

All-in-all, it was a fairly successful garage sale day!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I am still pissed that I missed out on that credenza. GA!

    ReplyDelete

Check us out on Pinterest and Instagram too!